Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mariah Carey: Are fans not Obsessed with her New Single?


When you're edged out by Hannah Montanna, there is a problem Mariah Carey's new single Obsessed debuted last week at No. 11 on the Billboard Chart.

This week, the singer dropped to a paltry #20 on the charts.

I saw the video during its America's Got Talent debut. The song is okay, the beat catchy, but it would have helped to have a real guy as the obsessor, not a cross-dressing Mariah! This would have given more realism to the video and suspend my disbelief.

What I miss most, as an avid Mariah fan, are the soulful emotional yet powerful ballads that Mariah I know can blow. This song and her most alot of her most recent songs have been the antithesis of this and "Obsessed" is no different.

Is it an effort to keep her music & image young and hip? Who knows. But Mariah I or based on rankings it would be safe to say...We want you back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment